With the growing popularity of realistic warfare titles such as Chivalry 2 and Isonzo, it is no surprise that some of the most complex, intricate military games such as Company of Heroes 3 are making their way to the most cutting-edge of consoles.
Releasing today on Xbox Series X|S and PS5, Company of Heroes 3 is finally coming to the console market, following its PC debut back in February of this year. This WW2 RTS has two distinct campaigns which you can enjoy as a solo player, as well as a suite of multiplayer options, for those who wish to test their tactical nous against other generals.
Battle Across Italy and Africa
First things first, if it is some deep turn-based systems you wish to indulge in, then look no further than the Italian Dynamic Campaign that Company of Heroes 3 proudly boasts. In this mountainous theatre of war, you’ll be commanding a variety of units, from footsoldiers to tank battalions, each coming with their own upgrades to unlock in order to ensure victory is claimed. The Italian campaign is certainly the one to pick if you like your wars to be expansive and sandbox in style.
On the other hand, waging war against North Africa will be a more narrative affair, perhaps more like the experiences that Company of Heroes veterans will be used to. Whether you use the North Africa campaign for the story, as a more scaled-back journey, or to prepare for the sheer scale of Italy, the choice is yours.
Outwit Other Company of Heroes 3 Players
Of course, once you are done and dusted with the single player campaigns, Company of Heroes 3 has an array of multiplayer options. From the co-op vs AI battles that can be waged, to all-out online multiplayer brawls, only the most determined generals will find success in the multiplayer sphere.
Key features include:
- Gamepad support enables you to command your armies across an ever-changing battlefield, ensuring you can make the right moves, when you want to make them. The User Interface has been adapted for gamepads to deliver a fun, riveting gameplay experience.
- Full Tactical Pause feature allows players total control over the pacing of single-player action. Plan your attacks, then effortlessly queue up lethal precision plays that will give you the edge in battle.
- Experience the biggest single player campaign in franchise history. The new Dynamic Campaign Map delivers full ‘sandbox-style’ gameplay, allowing players to command the overall war effort and experience an unprecedented level of strategic choice.
- Establish vital supply lines before deploying rear guard defenses to secure your advance. Launch air and naval strikes to weaken and scatter enemy forces or liberate a nearby town to develop a Partisan spy network. Choose your forces and upgrade your veteran companies to match your playstyle.
- Overwhelm your opponents with four unique factions and all new international Battlegroups. Command ground, air and naval forces and build supply lines to crush enemy advances on the new Dynamic Campaign Map – no two playthroughs are ever alike! Play at your own pace across campaign and skirmish modes before diving into blistering multiplayer action. Discover the untold stories of a stunning Mediterranean theatre, featuring next generation destructible environments, all powered by Relic’s proprietary Essence Engine.
- Company of Heroes 3 delivers the next generation of acclaimed tactical gameplay. Beloved combat mechanics collide with authentic new gameplay features, making for the deepest tactical experience to date. Make use of daring flanking moves to expose enemy side armor, experience all new infantry breaching mechanics allowing you to flush enemy units from their garrisons, and master elevation to enhance your line of sight and gain the upper hand. Company of Heroes 3 promises to delight even the most ardent WW2 enthusiasts thanks to the largest number of launch factions in the series to date.
- New army customization mechanics will allow you to call in the help of a varied cast of specialist units. Take up the fight with new elite squads including the American-Canadian Special Service Forces, the revered Gurkhas from the Commonwealth and many more.
- From devastating tank destroyers to clandestine recon vehicles, Company of Heroes 3 features the largest roster in the series to date. The super light Weasel, the armor sniping Nashorn, and the Chaffee Light Tank are just a few of the units making their debut. Also, let’s not forget revamped classics like the M3 Recovery Vehicle Halftrack, which can now be used to repair and steal abandoned enemy vehicles!
- Feel the blistering impact of every mortar shell and naval bombardment with Relic’s state-of-the-art Essence Engine. In Company of Heroes 3, every location becomes a fully destructible sandbox, opening up limitless tactical gameplay options for you or your enemy to exploit.
- Bring fortified buildings crashing down onto enemy squads, then witness enhanced destruction mechanics at play as soldiers exploit fresh ruins as dynamic cover. Stunning new rendering and particle FX technology depicts fire, sand and smoke like never before. Brilliant new soldier animations combine with enhanced A.I, delivering realistic squad reactions to the battlefield. Optimized for DirectX 12 and multi-core CPUs, Relic’s new engine technology will deliver cinematic action to rival any Hollywood blockbuster.
Company of Heroes 3 is Available Now!
Company of Heroes 3 is currently available to download on Xbox Series X|S, PS5 and PC. Via the Xbox Store, you can buy the Standard Edition for £54.99, whilst the £72.49 Premium Edition will net you some cosmetic DLC as well as the game’s first DLC expansion pack, launching in 2024.
Welcome to the Mediterranean – a breathtaking new theatre filled with untold stories of war. Engage ferocious enemy forces across Italian mountain passes, breathtaking coastal vistas and the sweeping deserts of N Africa. Stunning visuals deliver authentic and highly diverse environments designed to keep you on your toes.
Company of Heroes 3 is the ultimate WW2 console experience, delivering an acclaimed blend of action, tactics and strategy. Purpose built for Xbox, Company of Heroes 3 delivers a custom UI, full controller support, and features that allow you to play at your own pace.