Thought you were done battling through STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN? Think again for today a new foe arrives via the Wanderer of the Rift expansion.
Available today for STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN players on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5 and PC, Wanderer of the Rift builds out the Season Pass as the second big expansion for the game.
Jumping on the back of the previous drop of Trials of the Dragon King, Wanderer of the Rift picks up that storyline as players pit Jack and his mates up against Gilgamesh as they continue their time-traveling fun.
STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN Wanderer of the Rift adds in new missions, a new job – that of Blue Mage – a brand new difficulty level in that of Gilgamesh Difficulty, a new game mechanic in the form of Dimension Bringer and some Monster Bells for good luck.
In fact, the key features include:
- New Missions – After clearing the first expansion, Trials of the Dragon King, players can dive into new missions and experience an original story featuring Gilgamesh.
- New Job: Blue Mage – Players can unlock the Blue Mage job by progressing through the Wanderer of the Rift story missions. As a Blue Mage, players can learn enemy abilities and turn them into their own powers, either as instant abilities through Soul Shield or by equipping certain accessories.
- GILGAMESH Difficulty Level – While playing on this new difficulty mode, players can obtain special relic equipment imbued with various special effects. Players can utilize these additional special effects while facing off against more challenging combat with higher level enemies, including “chaotic monsters,” which, when defeated, will grant greater rewards.
- Dimension Bringer – Once this new game mechanic is activated, enemies in the vicinity of the dimension bringer will be slowed down, with the damage the player inflicts increasing each time an action ability is used. When the effect is active, a special attack can be unleashed which rapidly takes down the foe with combos.
- Monster Bells – Players can receive a Monster Bell to aid them in battle by finding a summonstone and completing a special event with that monster. Players can increase their affinity with their monster through conversations, feeding it and using items.
To get access you’ll need the Season Pass associated with STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN. You can buy that from the likes of the Xbox Store for £19.99 and of course you’ll need the base game alongside that. That Season Pass is already included in the Digital Deluxe Edition of the game. Playable on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, the game is also on PlayStation and PC.
Kick back with the trailer below and let us know what you think of the arrival of Wanderer of the Rift.