Band together with friends and foes on PC and mobile to navigate a tongue-in-cheek game of pomp, backstabbing, and dubious decisions.
Tuesday, 17 January 2023 – Team17 and Tributary Games have today announced that King of the Castle, the upcoming online multiplayer party game set in a fictional fantasy medieval kingdom, is arriving on Steam on 2nd March. King of the Castle allows players to take up the mantle of Monarch or one of their Council of Nobles hailing from the game’s five unique regions. As the game’s different storylines unfold, Monarch and Nobles alike will have to work together to navigate a bizarre world of power, fantasy, and political intrigue as they reckon with the treacherous – and often hilarious – consequences of steering the fate of a potentially unstable kingdom.
Hear ye, hear ye! All rise and due reverence for…
a brand-new release date announcement trailer!
King of the Castle game hosts can use their PC to play as ‘Monarch’ and work with their Council of Nobles, who can join for free via Twitch or any web browser, to play through a series of storylines full of unique challenges, many of which can have far reaching consequences. At the start of each game, Nobles will be automatically assigned a unique homeland; as the story progresses, players will be able to vote upon key decisions with their resulting impact and legitimacy determined by the Monarch. Noble players with Twitch accounts can also voice their thoughts using the platform’s chat function to discuss dilemmas faced by the crown, or take on the role of usurper and plan not-so-secret uprisings right under their ruler’s nose!
King of the Castle Key Features
- Cooperative online multiplayer: Work together with friends or strangers, via Twitch or your web browser, to steer the fate of your kingdom, tackle unique challenges, and play a key part in its downfall or prosperity
- Write your story: Play through hundreds of unique medieval fantasy stories, each with their own characters, choices, and far-reaching consequences
- Give peace a chance… or not: As Monarch, balance the competing demands of your Nobles while keeping an eye out for brewing political unrest or revolts
- Democracy manifest: Bribe, persuade or intimidate your way through difficult votes, or alter the law entirely to give yourself extra sway in the polls
- Customise your kingdom: Ensure your legacy upon the land by choosing your name, pronouns, appearance, and even your family crest
- Web browser mode: Gather a party of 4-21 people and play together with friends! Only King of the Castle game hosts need own a copy of the game, all others can join from their mobile device or web browser for free using a unique access code
To stay up to date with King of the Castle, wishlist the game on Steam, like it on Facebook, follow on Twitter, and join the community on Discord.
For more information please contact:
Jon Wilcox – PR & Events Lead – Team17 Digital
firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 (0) 7932 900 998
Abe Foster – PR Manager – Team17 Digital
email@example.com / +44 (0) 7584 137 877
About Tributary Games
Tributary Games is a London-based indie games studio focused on collaborative storytelling and creating innovative multiplayer experiences that facilitate the push and pull of role-playing, imagination, and complex social dynamics. Its debut title, King of the Castle, is due to release on the 2nd March 2023 on Steam. Visit kingofthecastlegame.com for more information.
About Team17 Digital
Founded in 1990, Team17 Digital is a leading developer, video games label, and creative partner for developers around the world. Part of Team17 Group plc, which floated on AIM in 2018, Team17 Digital has an extensive portfolio comprised of over 120 titles, and fully encapsulates the spirit of independent games. Team17 Digital’s portfolio of multi-award-winning and award-nominated in-house brands include Hell Let Loose, Golf With Your Friends, The Escapists, and the iconic Worms franchise, alongside its games label partner titles, including the award-winning games Blasphemous, Greak: Memories of Azur, and Overcooked! franchise. Visit www.team17.com for more info.
|Download file – King of the Castle – Press Kit (6.53 MB)
King of the Castle is a story-driven, PC party game set in a fictional fantasy kingdom.
Leave a Reply