Fight for your life against a legend of the stars.
Thursday, 1st December 2022 – Team17 and Small Impact Games have today announced ‘Red Baron’, the debut and free content update for hardcore looter shooter Marauders, coming soon to Steam.
Marking the game’s first major content update since its Steam Early Access launch in October 2022, Marauders’ ‘Red Baron’ update will introduce players to the game’s first boss: the titular and legendary pilot. A dogfighting ace from the game’s Central Empire faction and expert in both close-quarters battles and space flight combat, players will find the Red Baron a formidable foe, and will need to put their marksmanship and aeronautic expertise to the test to take down this deadly pilot.
In game, players will need to keep watch for the Baron as the wingman scours deep-space in their deadly Strike Frigate – a brand-new, lootable ship which will also serve as a low-light combat arena for tense, close-quarters firefights. Once spotted, they will then need to find a way onto the ship and face off against them in a brutal skirmish. If victorious, players will be able to commandeer the Baron’s powerful Strike Frigate and loot their corpse for the chance to receive rare weapons, equipment, and cosmetics.
For a sneak peek at Marauders’ ‘Red Baron’ update, tune into the developer stream today from 8pm GMT and check out three brand-new screenshots below showcasing the deadly Strike Frigate:
Marauders take place in an alternative 1990s where The Great War never ended, Earth has been industrialized to its breaking point, and most have fled to the stars. Band together with a crew of up to three other players to navigate a hostile battleground, hunt for loot, craft new weapons and gear, and salvage what’s needed to survive.
Marauders Key Features
- Immersive sci-fi setting: Discover a gritty dieselpunk world where Earth is on the brink of collapse and survival relies on looting and shooting among the stars
- Raid, loot, escape: Plunder deep-space battlegrounds and embark on daring raids for troves of valuable loot, then get out alive to claim your spoils and turn a healthy profit
- Tense first-person combat: Work alone or with up to three other players to survive intense combat encounters with realistic bullet simulation against enemy teams and AI opponents
- Persistent gear and XP: Keep your best gear match-to-match and tweak your favorite weapons with mods while using XP to unlock new items and increase your chances of survival
- Upgradeable spaceships and explosive sci-fi dogfights: Upgrade your ship’s armaments; build a brand-new craft with scavenged resources; or take someone else’s by force
For more information please contact:
Jon Wilcox – PR & Events Lead – Team17 Digital
email@example.com / +44 (0) 7932 900 998
Abe Foster – PR & Events Manager – Team17 Digital
firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 (0) 7503 756 096
About Small Impact Games
Small Impact Games is an independent development studio based in the UK. The company has over 20 years of combined industry experience and includes alumni from prominent development and publishing figureheads Codemasters, Headstrong Games, Electronic Arts, and Rocksteady Studios. The team has worked on a large range of projects across a variety of platforms including mobile, console, PC, and VR. Its current title is the sci-fi multiplayer extraction shooter, Marauders, out now in Steam Early Access. Visit www.marauders.game for more information.
About Team17 Digital
Founded in 1990, Team17 Digital is a leading developer, video games label, and creative partner for developers around the world. Part of Team17 Group plc, which floated on AIM in 2018, Team17 Digital has an extensive portfolio comprised of over 120 titles and fully encapsulates the spirit of independent games. Team17 Digital’s portfolio of multi-award-winning and award-nominated in-house brands includes Hell Let Loose, Golf With Your Friends, The Escapists, and the iconic Worms franchise, alongside its games label partner titles, including the award-winning games Blasphemous, Greak: Memories of Azur, and Overcooked! franchise. Visit www.team17.com for more information.
|Download file – Marauders – Red Baron Press Kit (18.44 MB)
A press kit for Marauders’ debut content update, ‘Red Baron’.
Leave a Reply