Necromancy meets rogue-lite horror in RocketBrush Studio’s action RPG, launching today into Steam Early Access
Monday, 7th November 2022 – Team17 and RocketBrush Studio are today launching dark fantasy action RPG The Unliving into Steam Early Access. Combining rogue-lite and real-time strategy gameplay, The Unliving follows a vengeful Necromancer sweeping relentlessly across the land, smiting his enemies and reanimating fallen foes in pursuit of an antidote to restore his broken soul.
Death will not stop the Necromancer!
Each new run in The Unliving sees the Necromancer return stronger than before, learning from his mistakes with each failed attempt, and offering a new chance for humanity to fall. In the brutal and procedurally generated world, players will slay armies, defeat epic bosses, collect and harness powerful spells, and gather resources to restore his citadel, all while uncovering the secrets of the Necromancer and his faithful followers.
The Unliving Key Features:
- Turn enemies into unique undead minions: Each fallen foe has an undead counterpart that the Necromancer can summon to his undead army
- Sacrifice the undead: The Necromancer can sacrifice members of his undead legions to release powerful spells that can change the course of the battle
- Enjoy hand-drawn levels: The world of The Unliving is procedurally generated from a selection of meticulously crafted and highly detailed pixel art chunks
- Death is only the beginning: Through each permadeath, players will be resurrected, keeping their progression. Gathered necromantic resources can be used to restore the citadel hub world and power up the Necromancer
- Overcome blessed bosses: Powerful creatures are the last hope of living to take down the Necromancer, each boasts its own fighting style and abilities
- Unlock the secrets of necromancy: Meet members of your own necromantic cult, and interrogate enemies to piece together the truth behind the necromancer’s immortality, and the unnatural abilities he wields
Need a hand managing the undead? Here’s a short tutorial!
The Unliving will be available to purchase on Steam from today at 5 pm GMT (9 am PT, 12 pm ET, 6 pm CET) to keep up to date with all the information on The Unliving please follow us on Twitter and Reddit, and join our Discord community.
Press looking to raise their very own undead army can request a preview code for The Unliving now.
For more information please contact:
Jon Wilcox – Senior PR Manager – Team17
firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 (0) 7932 900 998
Rebecca Nicol – Junior PR & Events Manager – Team17
email@example.com / +44 (0) 7944 096 906
About RocketBrush Studio
RocketBrush Studio is an international developer and video game art outsourcing company, which has worked alongside a number of established industry brands, including Supercell, Romero Games, A Thinking Ape, and Paradox Interactive. The studio’s debut title – The Unliving – is a dynamic rogue-lite action RPG with strategic elements currently in development. Visit https://rocketbrush.com/ for more information
About Team17 Digital
Founded in 1990, Team17 Digital is a leading developer, video games label, and creative partner for developers around the world. Part of Team17 Group plc, which floated on AIM in 2018, Team17 Digital has an extensive portfolio comprised of over 120 titles and fully encapsulates the spirit of independent games. Team17 Digital’s portfolio of multi-award-winning and award-nominated in-house brands includes Hell Let Loose, Golf With Your Friends, The Escapists, and the iconic Worms franchise, alongside its games label partner titles, including the award-winning games Blasphemous, Greak: Memories of Azur, and Overcooked! franchise. Visit www.team17.com for more information.
|Download file – The Unliving Early Access launch screens (21.85 MB)
Screenshots for The Unliving, launching onto Steam Early Access on 7th November 2022.
Leave a Reply