Age Of Empires 2: Definitive Edition finally came to Xbox right at the tail end of January, and the team’s console conversion was largely a great success. A little over a month after launch, the console love keeps on coming with the game’s latest update introducing the ‘Xbox Celebration Event’.
From now through March 21st, Age of Empires 2 players can log on and earn special Xbox-themed rewards. One profile icon is unlocked for simply logging on and saving your game during the event, while five other rewards are also up for grabs. Here’s how to get them:
Each of the following challenges must be unlocked in order and on separate days.
- Day 1: Research 10 Technologies at the University in any amount of matches – Unlocks a graphical mod where Trebuchet projectiles are replaced by the Xbox logo.
- Day 2: Destroy 1 Town Center with Teutonic Knights (or Elite Teutonic Knights) – Unlocks a profile icon of a Teutonic knight wearing an Xbox shape medieval helmet.
- Day 3: Convert 10 units – Unlocks a graphical mod where Relics are replaced by Xbox controller Relics.
- Day 4: Train 360 units fighting with spears in any amount of matches – Unlocks a profile icon of a Pikeman playing on Xbox.
- Day 5: Train 5 Siege Towers in one Skirmish or Multiplayer match before 30 minutes game time – Unlocks a graphical mod where Siege Towers are replaced by Xbox Series X fridges.
And here are the Xbox update notes:
Age Of Empires 2: Definitive Edition Xbox Patch Notes
Stability & Performance
- The game no longer crashes when pressing the town bell button after a town center was destroyed.
- The game no longer crashes when switching repeatedly between Xbox home and the game application.
- The game no longer crashes while viewing the map pool screen while in the Ranked menu.
- Addressed a crash that could occur while toggling cross-input matchmaking on or off.
- Fixed the find menu from opening when trying to navigate the cheats/quick taunt menu.
- Addressed UI issues around 3v3 and 4v4 matches and lobbies on Xbox One/Xbox One S/Xbox One X.
- Fixed issue where site-based command would not pick the closest unit.
- Increased the size of the enlarged mini-map by 1.75x to improve the readability of the mini-map from a distance. The enlarged mini-map is accessible on the Console UI by holding down the right bumper on your controller.
- Fixed an issue where the Find Buildings menu could pop up instead of the cheats menu when using a controller.
- Fixed an issue where villagers would not build foundations when queuing multiple building foundations with Villager Priorities enabled using a controller.
- Max zoom on console has increased from 1.25 to 3.
- In-game voice chat now has a toggle in the audio settings menu.
Leave a Reply