Battle monsters and hone your skills in the RuneScape-inspired idle game
Cambridge, UK, 2 February 2023: Games by Malcs and Jagex have today launched their RuneScape-inspired idle game Melvor Idle: Expanded Edition on Steam, iOS and Android.
The Melvor Idle: Expanded Edition includes both Melvor Idle and its first expansion Throne of the Herald in one complete package. Players will experience a fresh take on much-loved and familiar idle gameplay with something for die-hard RuneScape fans, casual gamers and young adventurers alike.
Melvor Idle allows fans to master 25 skills and face off against over 200 monsters with just a click or a tap. Every skill serves a purpose and interacts in rewarding ways, meaning that maxing out on one skill can benefit others. Players of the iconic MMORPG RuneScape will find familiar skills such as Woodcutting, Smithing, Cooking and Farming, as well as combat skills such as Melee, Ranged and Magic skills.
The Throne of the Herald expansion adds plenty of additional content for players, including the ability to run a bustling settlement. In Throne of the Herald players will discover more about the mystic forces that surround the lands of Melvor and the dark forces that remain hidden beyond the Capital.
Melvor Idle: Expanded Edition Features:
- A RuneScape-inspired experience suitable for veterans and newcomers alike.
- The core game plus a massive expansion to the lore of Melvor’s lands
- In-depth and endless Combat system featuring eight dedicated skills, countless dungeons, bosses to vanquish and lore to unearth.
- Deep but accessible systems featuring 15 non-Combat skills to train, all with individual mechanics and interactions.
- Detailed and fully interactive Bank/Inventory system.
- Over 1,700 items for players to discover and utilise.
- Cloud-saving functionality that is compatible across all platforms.
- An experience that continues to grow through expansions.
Melvor Idle: Expanded Edition is available now for Steam, iOS and Android for $13.93/£11.89/€13.71.
– End –
About Games by Malcs
Officially established in 2020, Games by Malcs is an indie studio built on passion and dedication to providing a unique gaming experience, enhanced by a strong community-driven approach on development. We create games that are accessible to everyone, on all platforms and at any time. The strong community-driven approach we have on development ensures everyone can always feel involved with the growth and impact our games have.
A leader in creating deep and engaging live games on PC and mobile, Jagex’s flagship MMORPG, RuneScape, has welcomed almost 300 million player accounts to its world and is a $1 billion lifetime revenue franchise. Jagex employs more than 450 people at its Cambridge headquarters. Jagex Partners are the third-party publishing arm of Jagex, focusing on developers of community-driven games. So far, Jagex Partners have provided support to Games by Malcs for Melvor Idle, Flying Wild Hog for Space Punks and Outlier Games for This Means Warp. Find out more about Jagex Partners at www.jagex.com/partners.
Danni Amos | Will Butler
Leave a Reply