DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Video Games: Global Markets” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The video gaming industry is currently among the fastest-growing segments in the entertainment business. The gaming market is dominated by world-famous consoles and brands from reputable game development companies such as Sony PlayStation, Nintendo, Xbox, etc. The sector is characterized by a tremendous amount of innovation and dynamics, not just growth. More than one billion video game consoles have been sold, worldwide, over the last decade.
Marketing executives are turning to video games in a wide variety of industries to market goods, through movie tie-ins and in-game promotion. One of the important factors that influences the video game industry is the availability of platform and game distribution technologies globally. The rising demand for video games has opened up new avenues for the industry.
Some of the major factors driving growth in the video gaming market include steady rise in the number of gamers, increased innovation in game design, increased interest in eSports, the advancement of augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR), and future turning towards the Metaverse. Nevertheless, video gaming market growth is being hampered by factors such as piracy concerns and game addiction regulations.
In this report, the video gaming market was segmented, based on genre, into action games, shooting, sports, role-playing, adventure, racing, strategy, and others. Games like puzzles, skill & chance, simulation etc., which are segmented together in the others category, are the most popular as they are effective in having fun, comfort, and enjoying with friends as well as family. The next most popular genre is action games which test the reflexes, reaction speed, and hand-eye coordination of players. The video gaming industry is classified by platform: console games, mobile games, PC games, and others. Mobile gaming is the largest contributor to the ever-expanding demand for video games today. This is almost one-third of the global population.
- An overview of the global video gaming market and discussion on its key market developments
- Estimation of the market size and analyses of global market trends, with data from 2021, estimates for 2022 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2027
- Analysis of market trends and identification of new opportunities, challenges, and technological changes within the industry
- A look into the development of augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) in the video gaming industry and discussion on educational applications of video games
- Highlights of current and future market potential, market size, and market share analysis based on genre, mode, type, platform and region
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Video Gaming: Market Overview
Chapter 4 Market Breakdown by Genre
Chapter 5 Market Breakdown by Platform
Chapter 6 Market Breakdown by End-user
Chapter 7 Market Breakdown by Region
Chapter 8 Competitive Landscape
Chapter 9 Company Profiles
- Activision Blizzard, Inc.
- Apple Inc.
- Bandai Namco Games Inc.
- Capcom Co. Ltd.
- Cyberagent, Inc.
- Electronic Arts Inc.
- Epic Games Inc.
- Konami Holdings Corp.
- Microsoft Corp.
- Nintendo Co. Ltd.
- Sony Corp.
- Square Enix Co. Ltd.
- Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
- Tencent Holdings Ltd.
- Ubisoft Entertainment Sa
- Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/yt0ryo