Are you ready to take on a gripping new tale in which a host of unique characters team up to take down enormous bosses in a stunning sci-fi fantasy world? Keep an eye on The First Descendant.
From the NEXON team, the first full trailer has now been revealed for their upcoming third-person cooperative action-RPG shooter, The First Descendant, ahead of Gamescom 2022.
This follows on from the buzz around its tantalizing teaser trailer, as the full-length trailer showcases new details of the game’s dynamic co-op play, epic grappling-hook action, and absolutely massive boss monsters in an immersive Sci-Fi fantasy world.
The First Descendant will be featured in Gamescom Online this year, and players can get a hands-on look at the upcoming looter-shooter via a Steam beta that is scheduled for October 20-26, 2022.
Built in Unreal Engine 5, the high-quality graphics on display show dynamic four-player co-op battles as the Descendants wage war against Karel and his army of alien invaders. In the trailer, Lepic (a versatile fighter with powerful guns built into his arm), Viessa (a debuffer who freezes enemies by controlling cold air), Bunny (super-quick nuke with electrical attacks), and Ajax (the tank with space-warping skills) team up to battle huge alien bosses. More dynamic action can also be seen through additional characters with unique skill sets. The bosses, each with unique appearances and combat styles, are susceptible to distinct player abilities, weapons, and grappling hook attacks that can cling to and remove body parts.
About The First Descendant
The player becomes a Descendant whose mission is to fight against alien invaders for the survival of humanity by protecting the Ingris continent. Experience a spectacular story while growing stronger through various missions and stories to finally discover the Descendants’ secret. Feel The First Descendant’s unique atmosphere through high-quality fields developed with Unreal Engine 5 and gain a new experience of reality and Sci-Fi fantasy coexisting in one place.
The key features of the full game include:
- 4-Player Co-Op Play – Team up with other players for four-player co-op strategic battles. Each player’s amazing powers and abilities will lead to tactical battles for the win.
- Charming and Unique Characters Play as different characters, each with distinctive concepts and battle styles. Characters will have customizable elements to allow players to support character decoration. Don’t miss your chance to play as 10 different characters during the closed-beta test this Autumn.
- Exciting Battles, Dynamic Action, Multiple Skills, and Unique Weapons – Experience exciting battles with different characters, each with unique skill sets, free movements, and chain actions through grappling hooks, colorful firearms, and additional effects. Players create the battle style they desire!
- Battle Huge Boss Monsters Battle huge boss monsters with different appearances and abilities. Various powers and difficulties will stimulate the player’s competitive spirit as you struggle not to fall in battle. Target the boss’s gimmicks to experience a more compact and strategic team play.
- Motivating Play and Growth – Equip characters with 3 guns, 4 pieces of secondary equipment, and various sub-weapons. Use and change the equipment based on the types of battles encountered. New equipment develops character growth by combining various pieces, enhancing character and firearm stats, or adding a new ability. Obtain new items through clearing scenario missions or in the world missions where cooperation is crucial. Use new items to challenge yourself with more complex tasks!
Alongside that trailer, NEXON Games revealed The First Descendant Steam beta will start Thursday, October 20th 2022 at 00:00 PDT and will run until Wednesday, October 26th 2022 at 23:59 PDT. The upcoming beta will have a total of ten playable characters to choose from. And if you like what you play, you can go about wishlisting it on Steam too.
You should definitely check it out too as The First Descendant and its immersive Sci-Fi fantasy world is coming as a free-to-play, cooperative looter-shooter and due to release on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5 and PC.