After proving itself to be something of a mixed success story on PC, Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem comes to console, and with a drop onto Xbox and PlayStation, players can get access to the most complete version of the game yet.
Available today on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem has been put together by the Wolcen Studio team, as they break out of the PC landscape to launch their action role-player to console. And with it we find the most complete, final, edition of the game yet, one that includes the Endgame – the fourth act of the story, delivering a definitive conclusion to the adventure. That Act 4 option is also rolling out to PC players on Steam for free.
For those unaware, Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem is an isometric action RPG, one that fans have grown to love for its stunning visuals, immersive gameplay and hugely deep character customisation. It places players into the role of a veteran soldier, one blessed with incredible power. See, they can shapeshift, turning into the ultimate avatar of destruction – and that’s something which comes in extremely handy when you consider that upon exploration of the world, a host of challenging enemies and hidden secrets will be discovered.
On Xbox and PlayStation, Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem gets an upgraded visual set and performance enhancements, whilst that Act 4: Endgame promises to be an exciting conclusion to the story, as players face the ultimate enemy, Ahriman, and have to make some hard moral choices. This Act will test the player’s strength and resolve as they fight to break free from Ahriman’s influence and stop his plans to destroy humanity.
“We are thrilled to bring Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem to new and previous generation consoles” said Daniel Dolui, the founder of Wolcen Studio. “The game has been a huge success on PC, and we can’t wait for console players to experience the incredible story and gameplay that we’ve created.”
Need some key features?
- ● Freestyle Character Development. There are no class limitations in Wolcen: equip any weapon or armour type and play exactly how you want. Wield and customise powerful skills with modifiers that grant buffs, add extra utility, or entirely change skill mechanics. Explore the 21 sub-class rotating segments in the unique Gate of Fates passive talent system. Unlock even more possibilities with rare Unique items.
- ● Dynamic weighty combat with telegraphed attacks, an active dodge, and a distinctive push-pull resource system. Turn the tide of battle by transforming into one of four mighty Aspects of Apocalypse, each with a unique skillset.
- ● A dynamic soundscape that helps you feel the force and power of your attacks.
- ● Unleash your fashion sense with a large amount of cosmetics that can all be customized with various dyes.
- ● An epic fully voice-acted campaign. Play through a sweeping story filled with twists, immersive hand-crafted environments, hoards of deadly foes, and horrors beyond comprehension.
- ● Expansive endgame. Develop the city-state of Stormfall, face endlessly repeatable challenges, and acquire powerful items.
- ● Regular seasonal content.
Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem will be on the Xbox Store today, playable on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. The PlayStation Store will sort out PS4 and PS5 players, whilst the game is still kicking around on Steam for PC.
Keep an eye out for our review in the coming days.
Discover a beautiful ARPG set in a dark fantasy universe. Embark on an epic adventure in a dramatic story campaign and test your skills in the huge, dynamic endgame. Master unique combat systems, dodge mechanics, and deeply customisable abilities with no class restrictions. You are one of the three “Children of Heimlock”. Rescued as a child by the infamous Grand Inquisitor Heimlock, under his tutelage you have grown into a proud member of the Republican Army of the Purifiers: perfect soldiers that exist to purge the supernatural and profane. You and your adoptive siblings are about to embark on a journey that will challenge everything you know…
Leave a Reply