Band together with friends and foes in the exciting new 3-3000 player medieval fantasy party game from Tributary Games.
Thursday, 2nd March 2023 – Team17 and UK-based studio Tributary Games have today heralded the launch of King of the Castle on Steam. The online medieval party game sees players band together with up to 3,000 others to steer the fate of a fictional fantasy kingdom, and is available today on Steam for £3.99/$US 4.99/€4.99.
In King of the Castle, players take up the mantle of Monarch or a Noble of the Monarch’s council, hailing from the game’s five unique regions. As the game’s different storylines unfold, both the Monarch and Nobles will have to work together to navigate a bizarre world of power, fantasy, and political intrigue as they reckon with the treacherous – and often hilarious – consequences of steering the fate of a potentially unstable kingdom.
Call the King and lower the portcullis for a brand-new launch trailer!
In King of the Castle, one player is the Monarch and others can join as their Council of Nobles. Monarchs can host ‘Party Games’ on Steam for 3-24 players, all of whom can join for free via any device with a web browser; or use ‘Twitch Mode’, where up to 3,000 of their viewers can jump in and play as Nobles directly via their Twitch chat.
Once a Monarch begins a game, joining players will be automatically designated the status of ‘Noble’ and will be assigned a unique homeland. As the story progresses, they’ll be able to vote upon key decisions to influence the kingdom and advance their nefarious schemes. For Twitch-hosted games, Noble players with Twitch accounts can also voice their thoughts using the platform’s chat function to discuss dilemmas faced by the crown, or take on the role of usurper and plan not-so-secret uprisings right under their ruler’s nose!
King of the Castle Key Features
- Cooperative online multiplayer: Work together with friends or strangers via Twitch or any device with a web browser to steer the fate of your kingdom, tackle unique challenges, and play a key part in its downfall or prosperity
- Write your story: Play through hundreds of unique medieval fantasy stories, each with their own characters, choices, and far-reaching consequences
- Give peace a chance… or not: As Monarch, balance the competing demands of your Nobles while keeping an eye out for brewing political unrest or revolts
- Democracy manifest: Bribe, persuade or intimidate your way through difficult votes, or alter the law entirely to give yourself extra sway in the polls
- Customise your kingdom: Ensure your legacy upon the land by choosing your name, pronouns, appearance, and even your family crest
- Party Game mode: Gather a small party of 3-24 people and play together with friends! Only King of the Castle game hosts need to own a copy of the game, all others can join for free from their mobile device or web browser using a unique access code
Press looking to review King of the Castle can request a Steam key now
To stay up to date with King of the Castle, check it out on Steam, like it on Facebook, follow on Twitter, and join the community on Discord.
For more information please contact:
Jon Wilcox – PR & Events Lead – Team17 Digital
email@example.com / +44 (0) 7932 900 998
Abe Foster – PR Manager – Team17 Digital
firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 (0) 7584 137 877
About Tributary Games
Tributary Games is a London-based indie games studio focused on collaborative storytelling and creating innovative multiplayer experiences that facilitate the push and pull of role-playing, imagination, and complex social dynamics. Its debut title, King of the Castle, is available now on Steam.
Visit kingofthecastlegame.com for more information.
About Team17 Digital
Founded in 1990, Team17 Digital is a leading developer, video games label, and creative partner for developers around the world. Part of Team17 Group plc, which floated on AIM in 2018, Team17 Digital has an extensive portfolio comprised of over 120 titles, and fully encapsulates the spirit of independent games. Team17 Digital’s portfolio of multi-award-winning and award-nominated in-house brands include Hell Let Loose, Golf With Your Friends, The Escapists, and the iconic Worms franchise, alongside its games label partner titles, including the award-winning games Blasphemous, Greak: Memories of Azur, and Overcooked! franchise. Visit www.team17.com for more info.
|Download file – King of the Castle – Press Kit (50.9 MB)
A press kit for the medieval, multiplayer party game ‘King of the Castle’