, posted 49 minutes ago / 114 Views
Developer Systemic Reaction announced dinosaur-themed multiplayer first-person shooter, Second Extinction, will launch for the Xbox Series, Xbox One, and PC via Steam and Epic Games Store on October 20.
The game has been in Early Access since October 2020 for PC and April 2021 for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One.
View the full release trailer below:
Read details on the 1.0 update below:
- New map and biome, effectively doubling the game area, allowing players to explore a new, savanna-based environment with new narrative missions and activities.
- Two totally new dinosaurs, including a new flying species, plus two new mutations to the existing roster of reptilian threats.
- Revamped progression system, increasing the level cap from 50 to 99, with an expanded difficulty spectrum.
- Refined weapon upgrade system, allowing players to upgrade the power of their weapons, unlock perks to change their behavior, and upgrade support equipment for more customization options than ever before.
- Free roaming and hot joining, letting players start new missions directly from the map without having to leave the session, as well as join active games. Players can also bank resources and change loadouts by visiting bunkers scattered across the world.
- A host of other improvements including a revamped War Effort metagame, revised contract system, new cosmetic rewards, enhanced user interface, user experience and onboarding, and more!
A life-long and avid gamer, William D’Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012 and taking over the hardware estimates in 2017. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel. You can contact the author on Twitter @TrunksWD.