London, UK – March 8th 2023. Chucklefish and Robotality today announced the sequel to the multi award-winning Wargroove with Wargroove 2, coming to PC and Nintendo Switch.
Featuring signature charming pixel art and challenging turn-based combat, Wargroove 2 brings a brand new story-rich campaign, an advanced tiered Groove system, an all-new roguelike game mode ‘Conquest’, and a lovable cast of new Commanders to try out on the battlefield.
About Wargroove 2
Trouble stirs on the shores of Aurania. An ambitious new faction has unearthed forbidden relics capable of catastrophic consequences. But how far will they go to achieve glory? Take to the field, sea, and sky with a cast of new Commanders, using your wits to wage turn-based war!
- An all-new Wargroove adventure for new recruits and veteran wardogs alike!
- Return to the frontline with new Commanders, as mysterious new factions join the fight
- Commanders are more powerful than ever, with an all-new tiered Groove system
- Follow 3 new Campaign arcs, interwoven in a fierce conclusion
- Battle with or against your friends in Co-Op & Multiplayer mode, locally or online for up to 4 players
- Put your strategic abilities to the test with a new roguelike mode – Conquest!
- Develop new tactics with 5 new unit types to master
- Level-up ordinary units by picking up special items
- Get more creative than ever with new & improved map, campaign & cutscene editors
- Captivating soundtrack written by composer Dale North (Nintendo eShop, Disney Wish park and cruise experience, River City Girls 1 & 2, RWBY Arrowfell)
Wargroove 2 is being developed by German indie games studio and turn-based RPG veterans, Robotality. After working in partnership with Chucklefish for many years (Halfway and Pathway), Robotality are being handed the reins to the award-winning Wargroove IP to bring a fresh perspective on the franchise.
“We’re thrilled to be back partnering with Chucklefish to bring the next iteration of the Wargroove series. It’s been a pleasure taking Wargroove to the next level, in a way which feels fresh and exciting for strategy fans, whilst still being true to a community who are passionate about this world and its characters.” Says Simon Bachmann, Art Director at Robotality. “All of us at Robotality have had a great time developing the next chapter in the Wargroove universe, and we hope fans will have as much fun playing, as we have creating”.
Wargroove 2 will be available on PC and Nintendo Switch.
Alexis Trust @ Chucklefish
Robotality is an independent game development studio, which was founded in co-operation with Nia Schmidheiny in 2013. While based predominantly in Germany, they however work with passionate developers from all over the globe, producing some of the most beautiful and truly unique game experiences. Robotality previously worked on original IP Halfway and Pathway, and are now partnered with Chucklefish to develop Wargroove 2.
Chucklefish is an independent game developer and publisher based in London, UK, with a love of charming pixel art and a drive to support and create amazing games. Since 2011, Chucklefish has developed its own games (Starbound and Wargroove) and supported indie developers to realize their own visions. They’ve published titles such as Risk of Rain, Stardew Valley, Timespinner, Pathway, Eastward, INMOST and Starmancer. With their third in-house game – Witchbrook – in the works as well as many exciting projects from their publishing partners, Chucklefish have never been more proud to remain independent.