REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Dec 22, 2022–
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following content:
- Fire Emblem Heroes – It’s time to Engage! Celebrate the upcoming release of the Fire Emblem Engage game for the Nintendo Switch system on Jan. 20, 2023, by participating in the new A Hero Rises: Fire Emblem Engage Cup event! Visit the official website to vote for candidates consisting of the 12 protagonists of the Fire Emblem series who appear in Fire Emblem Engage as Emblems. The number of characters you can vote for will increase by one daily. The 12 winning Heroes will appear in the Free Summon: A Hero Rises Engage Cup summoning event in the Fire Emblem Heroes game near the end of January where you can make a Hero of your choice a 5★ ally! You can vote for your favorite version of each of these 12 Heroes on the official website, until Dec. 25 at 6:59 p.m. PT.
- Inside the House of Indies Holiday Event – This week, until Dec. 23, the Inside the House of Indies Holiday Event is serving up fresh, daily videos highlighting game updates, announcements and more from Nintendo’s indie partners. Be sure to check out today’s video along with the final video on Friday! For more information and to view past videos, please visit https://www.nintendo.com/store/games/house-of-indies-holiday-event/.
- Double Gold Point Promotion for Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pass Members – Until Jan. 31, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. PT, active Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack members can get double My Nintendo Gold Points* on the purchase of eligible digital games and DLC** in Nintendo eShop and My Nintendo Store. That means members can earn 10% in Gold Points, which can then be used toward their next eligible purchase. For more information, please visit https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/.
- My Nintendo Fire Emblem Engage Sweepstakes – Enter the My Nintendo Fire Emblem Engage Sweepstakes for a chance to win some engaging prizes!*** Visit https://my.nintendo.com/rewards/208990c80245d72a to learn more.
- New My Nintendo Physical Rewards – Get set for the new year with a snazzy My Nintendo 2023 desktop calendar reward. You can receive this reward by redeeming 400 My Nintendo Platinum Points.**** For EarthBound fans, My Nintendo has two out-of-this-world physical rewards you won’t want to miss – the Eight Melodies notebook and the Phase Distorter luggage tag! These mementos may have you chanting, “Happy Happy!” And finally, feast your eyes on an adorable Kirby’s Dream Buffet keychain, which features Copy Foods and colorful variations of Kirby on the strap. Redeem your points and enjoy this sweet My Nintendo reward! Visit https://my.nintendo.com/reward_categories to learn more about My Nintendo reward offers.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:
* Offer valid 11/1/22 – 1/31/23. Paid Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack membership required by Jan. 31, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. PT to be eligible for promotional My Nintendo Gold Points. Promotional My Nintendo Gold Points will be distributed in February 2023.
** Full version of game required to use DLC for that game. Sold separately.
*** NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open to legal residents of the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 13 years old or older. Sweepstakes begins 10:00AM PT on 12/21/2022 and ends at 11:59PM PT on 2/28/2023. To enter, you must (1) have a Nintendo Account (if you do not have a Nintendo Account you can register for one at https://my.nintendo.com/; (2) visit https://my.nintendo.com/rewards/208990c80245d72a; (3) sign in to your Nintendo Account, and (4) redeem 10 Platinum Points per entry at the My Nintendo Fire Emblem Engage Sweepstakes page ( https://my.nintendo.com/rewards/208990c80245d72a ) as stated in Official Rules. There will be ten (10) winners. Each winner will receive a set of seven Fire Emblem Engage acrylic character stands (ARV $200.00 USD). Total ARV of all prizes: $2,000.00 USD. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Details and restrictions apply. For Official Rules, visit https://www.nintendo.com/events/rules/fireemblem-engage-official-sweepstakes /. Sponsor: Nintendo of America Inc., 4600 150th Avenue NE, Redmond, WA 98052.
**** A Nintendo Account is required to receive and redeem points. Terms apply https://accounts.nintendo.com/term_point.
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop, which offers a variety of options for the Nintendo Switch family of systems, the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Nintendo Switch Online is a paid membership service that allows members to team up or face off online in compatible Nintendo Switch games, such as Splatoon 3,Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Nintendo Switch Sports. Members also enjoy a curated library of NES and Super NES classic games, including Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Metroid and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, among many others. To find out more about the benefits that come with Nintendo Switch Online, to view membership options and to learn about a free seven-day trial for new users, visit https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/.
With a Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack membership, players get access to even more benefits, including a library of Nintendo 64 games with added online play for up to four players (additional accessories may be required for multiplayer mode; sold separately), Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Happy Home Paradise DLC, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass DLC, Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion DLC (full version of game required to use DLC for that game; sold separately) and retro SEGA Genesis games.
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch family of systems, Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in any Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Account.
Customers in the U.S. and Canada ages 18 and older can also link a PayPal account to their Nintendo Account to purchase digital games and content for the Nintendo Switch family of systems both on-device and from the Nintendo website. Once the accounts are linked, users may also use PayPal as a payment option when buying digital content for the Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family systems from the Nintendo website.
My Nintendo members can earn Gold Points on eligible digital purchases. Already have Gold Points? Redeem them toward your next digital purchase of Nintendo Switch games and DLC on Nintendo eShop, or on discount rewards for select Nintendo 3DS and Wii U software. Visit https://my.nintendo.com/reward_categories for more details.
Remember that the Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS family of systems feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. Nintendo Switch players who register a Nintendo Account gain access to free-to-start games and free game demos from Nintendo eShop, and also get the latest news and information direct from Nintendo. For more information about parental controls on Nintendo Switch and other features, visit https://play.nintendo.com/parents/crash-courses/parental-controls/ and https://www.nintendo.com/switch/. For all other systems please visit https://support.nintendo.com/.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at https://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please register on the site.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221222005126/en/
CONTACT: Eddie Garcia
KEYWORD: WASHINGTON UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: SOFTWARE ONLINE CONSUMER ELECTRONICS GENERAL ENTERTAINMENT MOBILE ENTERTAINMENT TECHNOLOGY ELECTRONIC GAMES ENTERTAINMENT
Copyright Business Wire 2022.
PUB: 12/22/2022 09:00 AM/DISC: 12/22/2022 09:01 AM
Copyright Business Wire 2022.