REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Dec 29, 2022–
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following content:
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221229005003/en/
Sports Story is available now in Nintendo eShop. (Graphic: Business Wire)
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- Sports Story – Your sporting destiny is in your own hands in this sports RPG like no other! Featuring a mix of sports and sporting activities wrapped up in one big story, you can engage in a variety of sporting and non-sporting activities, including tennis, golf, soccer, fishing, cricket and volleyball. Plus, kick back at the mall with daily attractions, stores and minigames. With a multitude of characters to meet, you will make plenty of friends and enemies along the way. Sports Story isn’t just about sports, it’s an all-out sporting adventure! Sports Story is available now in Nintendo eShop.
- Double Gold Point Promotion for Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pass Members – Until Jan. 31, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. PT, active Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack members can get double My Nintendo Gold Points* on the purchase of eligible digital games and DLC** in Nintendo eShop and My Nintendo Store. That means members can earn 10% in Gold Points, which can then be used toward their next eligible purchase. For more information, please visit https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Indie World Holiday Sale! – Save up to 50% on select Nintendo Switch indie games and DLC** bundles during the Indie World Holiday Sale on Nintendo.com and in Nintendo eShop! Hurry, though – this sale ends Jan. 1 at 11:59 p.m. PT. For more information, please visit https://www.nintendo.com/store/sales-and-deals.
Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:
* Offer valid 11/1/22 – 1/31/23. Paid Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack membership required by Jan. 31, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. PT to be eligible for promotional My Nintendo Gold Points. Promotional My Nintendo Gold Points will be distributed in February 2023.
** Full version of game required to use DLC for that game. Sold separately.
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop, which offers a variety of options for the Nintendo Switch family of systems, the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Nintendo Switch Online is a paid membership service that allows members to team up or face off online in compatible Nintendo Switch games, such as Splatoon 3,Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Nintendo Switch Sports. Members also enjoy a curated library of NES and Super NES classic games, including Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Metroid and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, among many others. To find out more about the benefits that come with Nintendo Switch Online, to view membership options and to learn about a free seven-day trial for new users, visit https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/.
With a Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack membership, players get access to even more benefits, including a library of Nintendo 64 games with added online play for up to four players (additional accessories may be required for multiplayer mode; sold separately), Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Happy Home Paradise DLC, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass DLC, Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion DLC (full version of game required to use DLC for that game; sold separately) and retro SEGA Genesis games.
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch family of systems, Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in any Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Account.
Customers in the U.S. and Canada ages 18 and older can also link a PayPal account to their Nintendo Account to purchase digital games and content for the Nintendo Switch family of systems both on-device and from the Nintendo website. Once the accounts are linked, users may also use PayPal as a payment option when buying digital content for the Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family systems from the Nintendo website.
My Nintendo members can earn Gold Points on eligible digital purchases. Already have Gold Points? Redeem them toward your next digital purchase of Nintendo Switch games and DLC on Nintendo eShop, or on discount rewards for select Nintendo 3DS and Wii U software. Visit https://my.nintendo.com/reward_categories for more details.
Remember that the Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS family of systems feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. Nintendo Switch players who register a Nintendo Account gain access to free-to-start games and free game demos from Nintendo eShop, and also get the latest news and information direct from Nintendo. For more information about parental controls on Nintendo Switch and other features, visit https://play.nintendo.com/parents/crash-courses/parental-controls/ and https://www.nintendo.com/switch/. For all other systems please visit https://support.nintendo.com/.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at https://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please register on the site.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221229005003/en/
CONTACT: Eddie Garcia
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA WASHINGTON
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: SOFTWARE ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT MOBILE ENTERTAINMENT FAMILY CONSUMER ELECTRONICS CONSUMER TECHNOLOGY GENERAL ENTERTAINMENT TEENS CHILDREN ELECTRONIC GAMES
Copyright Business Wire 2022.
PUB: 12/29/2022 09:00 AM/DISC: 12/29/2022 09:00 AM
Copyright Business Wire 2022.