The PGA Tour 2K23 Deluxe Edition and PGA Tour 2K23 Tiger Woods Edition arrive on October 11, with a Standard Edition landing on October 14, 2K has confirmed.
Tiger Woods will be gracing the cover of the game – as well as being one of the playable characters.
Woods leads a roster of more than 14 male and female pros at launch, including Justin Thomas, Lexi Thompson, Tony Finau, Lydia Ko, Collin Morikawa, Will Zalatoris and Brooke Henderson. More pros and courses will be added as free post-launch DLC.
It’s not only great to be back on the cover of a video game, but the Executive Director role makes this a truly unique opportunity,” said Tiger Woods.
“2K is the perfect partner for me and I am excited to continue impacting the game and culture of golf beyond my play on the PGA TOUR.”
2K had previously confirmed that more news would arrive today (August 22) – which is just before the annual Gamescom convention in Cologne.
PGA Tour 2K23 release date and confirmed editions
There are two editions of the game, which have different release dates.
If you want to get hands on early, the PGA TOUR 2K23 Deluxe Edition and PGA TOUR 2K23 Tiger Woods Edition are scheduled for worldwide release on Tuesday, October 11, 2022.
PGA TOUR 2K23 Deluxe Edition:
- For Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, or PlayStation 5 consoles, includes the base game with cross-generation dual-entitlement, as well as the Michael Jordan Bonus Pack, Golden Club Pack, and Deluxe Edition Bonus Pack, which includes 1300 VC (Virtual Currency), a hockey stick putter, gold baseball cap, gold glove, and three Rare consumable golf ball sleeves;
- For PC, includes the base game, as well as the Michael Jordan Bonus Pack, Golden Club Pack, and Deluxe Edition Bonus Pack.
PGA TOUR 2K23 Tiger Woods Edition (available in digital format only):
- Includes all the contents of the Standard and Deluxe Edition for the purchased platform;
- Includes the Tiger Woods Edition Bonus Pack – which includes a Tiger Woods TaylorMade wedge set, Nike TW Golf tee shirt, and three Epic consumable golf ball sleeves – plus the Tiger Woods Signature Sunday Pack, which includes a red polo, black pants, black hat, Nike TW Golf shoes, Nike TW Golf belt, and Bridgestone Golf TOUR B XS, Tiger Edition Golf Ball.
This is followed by PGA TOUR 2K23 Standard Edition on Friday, October 14, 2022.
- PGA TOUR 2K23 Standard Edition:
- Physical and digital versions for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 consoles, includes the base game;
- For PC, includes the base game and the Golden Club Pack, which includes a Golden Putter, Golden Driver, and four Uncommon consumable golf ball sleeves;
- Players who pre-order any version of the Standard Edition will receive the Michael Jordan Bonus Pack******, which includes playable sports icon Michael Jordan, as well as four consumable Common golf ball sleeves;
- Players who purchase the Standard Edition of the game for Xbox Series X|S (physical or digital version) or PlayStation 5 (digital version only) consoles which includes cross-generation dual entitlement will also receive the Golden Club Pack for the game on Xbox One or PlayStation 4, respectively*******.
Here are the confirmed consoles / PC that PGA Tour 2K23 will support:
- PlayStation 4
- Xbox One
- Xbox X /S
There is no Nintendo Switch version, despite PGA Tour 2K21 appearing on Nintendo’s handheld.
PGA Tour 2K23 gameplay features
The last game brought a load of new additions to the series, which, as expected return this year.
Exhibition, multiplayer and Divot Derby play are all back as well as the ability take part in the FedExCup via PGA TOUR MyCAREER mode. Rich Beem and Luke Elvy also return to provide commentary and analysis, along with new addition Henni Koyack.
There are also modes designed to cater to more casual players. Topgolf sees players aim for targets and try to earn the highest score. Training mode offers a chance to develop swing, driving, chipping and putting.
PGA Tour 2K23 new courses
There will be 20 licensed courses at launch with more coming as postlaunch DLC at no extra cost.
New additions include the South Course of Wilmington Country Club, The Renaissance Club and St. George’s Golf and Country Club.
The Course Designer also returns, letting you build your own dream course.
So far we know to expect the courses as listed below:
- Atlantic Beach Country Club;
- Bay Hill Golf Club & Lodge (Arnold Palmer Course);
- Copperhead (Innisbrook);
- Detroit Golf Club;
- East Lake Golf Club;
- Quail Hollow Club;
- Riviera Country Club;
- St George’s Golf and Country Club;
- The Renaissance Club;
- TPC Boston;
- TPC Deere Run;
- TPC Louisiana;
- TPC River Highlands;
- TPC San Antonio;
- TPC Sawgrass;
- TPC Scottsdale;
- TPC Southwind;
- TPC Summerlin;
- TPC Twin Cities; and
- Wilmington Country Club (South Course).
PGA Tour 2K23 multiplayer
Finally, multiplayer returns with Online Societies allowing players to squad up with friends for custom tournaments and full seasons.
It’s worth noting that it does not look like crossplay is supported. In the release, 2K state: “Multiplayer modes can only be played with the same console or across generations within the same console family (Xbox One to Xbox Series X|S; PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5).”