Get ready for a scary good time! Developer and publisher Tripwire Interactive is excited to announce that the esteemed first-person shooter and co-op action title, Killing Floor 2 is set to receive its free annual Halloween update with Blood and Bonfires. Releasing on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X, and PC (via Steam and the Epic Games Store), the content update features a new map, mode, and weapons, as well as a host of quality-of-life improvements, making the art of mowing down Zeds with a group of friends better than ever.
The Blood and Bonfires update Halloween event will run from Oct. 13 – Nov. 10 and introduces a variety of new content and game updates, including Barmwich Town, a new map for Survival, Weekly, and Endless game modes that finds players exploring a mysterious medieval town, which has been infested with terrifying Zeds. For all the latest information on the Blood and Bonfires update and more, fans can follow Tripwire on Twitter, or visit the official website.
Watch the Killing Floor 2: Blood and Bonfires trailer on YouTube
Download the press kit here
Request a review copy of Killing Floor 2 here
Killing Floor 2: Blood and Bonfires Update Highlights:
New Featured Community Map: Barmwich Town:
- Standard Survival Map
- Compatible with Survival, Weekly, and Endless Game Modes.
Time-limited Objectives, Tickets, and Cosmetics:
- Seasonal objectives related to Barmwich Town
- Complete all seasonal objectives to earn the Plague Doctor Backpack
- Halloween Treat Prize Tickets
- Halloween Treat Golden Prize Tickets
Weekly Game Mode:
- Primary Target: In this mode, one player is chosen as the VIP and all Zeds will target the VIP. If the VIP dies, the full team is defeated, so protect them at all costs! The VIP can’t heal themself but will start with extra health points and the VIP can improve their damage output and resistance with low health points. The match lasts for seven waves and a new VIP is chosen for each wave. Good luck!
Weapons: 2 New Paid DLC Weapons with 5 Weapon Skins Each
- Blood Sickle
- G36C Assault Rifle
HRG Weapons: 2 New Free HRG Weapons
- HRG Locust
- HRG Dragonsblaze
Cosmetics: 4 Weapons Skin Bundles and 1 Outfit Bundle
- Plague Doctor Weapon Skin Bundle Pack
- Xeno Weapon Skin Bundle Pack
- Classic MKII Weapon Skin Bundle Pack
- Chameleon MKII Weapon Skin Bundle Pack
- Character Outfit: Plague Doctor
In Killing Floor 2, players descend into continental Europe where the outbreak caused by Horzine Biotech’s failed experiment has quickly spread and gained unstoppable momentum, essentially paralyzing the European Union— Just one month after the events in the original KILLING FLOOR, the specimen clones are everywhere and civilization is in disarray; communications have failed, governments have collapsed, and military forces have been systematically eradicated. The people of Europe know survival and self-preservation too well and lucky survivors have gone into hiding.
Not all have given up hope though… A group of civilians and mercenaries have banded together to combat the outbreak and established privately funded operation bases across Europe. Upon tracking specimen clone outbreaks, players will descend into zed-laden hot zones and exterminate them.
Killing Floor 2 has an MSRP of $29.99 / €29.99 / £24.99 and is developed and published by Tripwire Interactive and is published at retail by Deep Silver and Iceberg Interactive for the Xbox One, Xbox One X, PlayStation®4 Pro, PlayStation®4, and PC. This title has been rated M by the ESRB, PEGI 18, USK 18.
Stay up-to-date with the latest Killing Floor 2 news and information on the official website. You can also keep track of Tripwire Interactive by visiting the official website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.