Team17 and BKOM Studios, in collaboration with the Canadian Media Fund (CMF) have today launched dystopian point and click adventure Sunday Gold on Steam for PC. Set in a crime and corruption ridden near-future London, Sunday Gold follows an unlikely trio – Frank (aka ‘The Vengeful Ex-Con’), Sally (aka ‘The Activist’), and Gavin (aka ‘The Disgruntled Ex-Employee’) – as they pull off the job of their criminally disastrous careers. Integrating classic adventure gameplay with turn-based combat, Sunday Gold follows the gang as they harness their unique abilities, including lock picking and computer hacking, to help infiltrate the bloody underbelly of corrupt corporation Hogan Industries and bring down its monstrous boss.
We only have one shot to pull this off, don’t mess it up:
In addition to its unique blend of gameplay, Sunday Gold features stylish comic book-style art and animation inspired by a visual concept developed by artists at Quebec studio VOLTA, alongside amazing audio and atmospheric music from PVL Audio.
As part of the launch day celebrations, Team17 is working with Cohh Carnage to give away a real bar of gold taken straight from the Hogan vault! To take tune in to Cohh Carnage’s Twitch channel tomorrow, Friday 14th October at 1pm BST, and answer a series of game related questions to be in with a chance to win.
Sunday Gold Key Features:
- Atmospheric action: Immersed in the gritty and unwelcoming world of a dystopian near-future London, Sunday Gold’s story takes players into the seedy underbelly of the corrupt elite, where secrets are hidden behind every locked door
- Stylish turn-based combat: Comic book inspired sequences, unique skills, attacks, and talent trees, along with as many stolen items the trio can get their thievin’ hands on, make for a unique turn-based combat experience
- Noggin’ scratching puzzles: Explore each room and solve a combination of observation, deduction, and inventory puzzles; hunt for clues, hack terminals, and even bust down a door (or two)
- Keep your cool: In the face of dead bodies, cybernetic dogs, and psychotic billionaires even the most hardened criminals will start to lose their cool – maintaining the team’s composure with consumables and specific abilities will be key to mission success
- A trio of trouble: Frank, Sally, and Gavin make for unusual comrades, but without each of their unique abilities to lock pick, hack, and rip things open with their bare hands, the mission is doomed to fail.
Sunday Gold will be available to purchase on Steam from 6pm BST today for $21.99, £17.49, €21.99, with the free-to-play prologue currently on Steam for those wanting to check if a life of crime suits them first. Keep up to date with the word on the street by liking us on Facebook, following us on Twitter, joining us on Discord, or by checking out the Sunday Gold website.
Press and media outlets wanting to join Frank, Sally, and Gavin on their criminal escapades can request review code now.
Leave a Reply