Survival horror game Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse will launch digitally for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam on March 9, 2023 worldwide, publisher Koei Tecmo announced. In Japan, the PlayStation 4 and Switch versions will also be available physically.
Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse will be available in both standard and Digital Deluxe Editions worldwide. The latter includes the downloadable content “Rogetsu Isle Dinner Party Costume Set” and a digital art book with the original soundtrack.
Users who purchase a digital copy of the game before March 22, 2023 will also be able to download the early purchase bonus Ruka-exclusive costume “Marie Rose Outfit” from the Dead or Alive series.
Users who pre-order the game before its release date will also receive a variety of costumes, including the Ruka limited edition costume “Fox Mask” (white / red), Misaki limited edition costume “Fox Mask” (black / red), Choshiro limited edition costume “Fox Mask” (black / blue), and Ruka Misaki and Choshiro limited edition costume “Spirit Stone Flashlight Hat.”
Users who have save data for Fatal Frame: Maiden of Blak Water will also receive the save data bonus accessory “Camera Obscura Hat.”
Here is an overview of the game, via Koei Tecmo:
Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse was released in 2008 for Wii as the fourth title in the Fatal Frame / Project Zero series. Following the remastered version of Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water, the masterpiece of the Fatal Frame series will be brought to life again with upgraded graphics.
When the protagonists were children they visited the isolated Rogetsu Island. In the midst of a festival, they disappeared mysteriously. The title begins when the girls decide to go back and visit the island again in search of the lost memories of that day.
Attempt to repel encroaching ghosts, relying only on a faint glow from a flashlight and a camera with the ability to photograph unimaginable things, the Camera Obscura.
- An old camera with the ability to repel vengeful ghosts and seal away their power by photographing them.
- Equip stronger lenses and change out different films to capture even more powerful photos.
- Reveal “things that cannot be seen” to find clues that will help in discovery of lost things.
Exploring Rogetsu Island
- Explore the dimly lit Western-style mansions and abandoned hospitals on the island by relying on the moonlight and the faint light of a flashlight.
- The story progresses by “touching” places that may call your attention.
- From past newspaper articles and notes, you will discover about the past in which abominable incidents happened and unravel the lost memories of the protagonist, and find the truth.
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.