Enter a world of primordial beings, horrifying beasts, and powerful incantations this year on Steam, PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S.
Thursday, 27th April 2023 – Team17 Digital and Covenant.dev have today announced that dark fantasy strategy game Gord will launch this summer and arrive on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S, alongside PC via the previously confirmed Steam version.
Created by a team that includes former Frostpunk and The Witcher 3 developers, Gord will see players command the Tribe of the Dawn and embrace the ethical complexity of leadership as they shepherd their community and protect them from invaders and monstrous beasts. They will need to oversee their citizens’ hunger, disease, and trauma, nurture their faith and train them for battle, while also expanding their settlements – the titular ‘gords’ – and embarking on a variety of life-threatening quests.
Pray for a light in the darkness and check out a
brand-new gameplay trailer:
Gord Key Features
- Mature Dark Fantasy Adventure: Lead the people of the Tribe of the Dawn and venture deep into forbidden lands in a lore-rich, dark fantasy strategy campaign
- Build to Survive, Conquer to Prevail: Grow your gord from humble settlement to formidable fortress while protecting your citizens from invading tribes, gruesome monsters, and mysterious powers that lurk within the surrounding woods
- Unique Sanity System: Keep a close eye on your townsfolk as everything from illness to hunger and the death of kin can have devastating impact on their lives and well-being
- Hand-Crafted Quests: Take on a wide variety of quests and random encounters that will lead you deep into the wilderness to hunt legendary creatures, uncover ancient secrets, and vanquish deadly scourges
- Powerful Incantations: Unlock a variety of offensive and defensive spells to tip combat in your favour, each with custom animations and potentially gruesome results
- Custom Scenarios mode with Procedurally Generated Levels: Take on an endless variety of challenges by creating your own scenarios. Customize your playthrough by picking a main objective, choosing your starting party, level size, number of resources, enemy types, raid intensities, and even the severity of the weather!
To keep up to date, wishlist Gord on Steam now, check out the official website, like the game on Facebook, follow on Twitter and Instagram, and join the community over on Discord.
For more information please contact:
Abe Foster – PR Manager – Team17 Digital
firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 (0) 7503 756 096
Team17 Digital PR
Covenant.dev is an independent game dev creative house offering well-executed and fresh gameplay experiences. The company works only on proprietary IPs and champions employee empowerment to help develop these into original, globally recognisable franchises. In 2021, it was also the first game developer to be named the ‘Best Workplace in Poland’. Core team members have experience at notable Polish game development studios, including CD Projekt RED, 11 bit studios, and Flying Wild Hog. Covenant.dev’s first title will be the upcoming dark fantasy strategy game, Gord, arriving on Steam, PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S this summer. Visit www.covenant.dev for more information.
About Team17 Digital
Founded in 1990, Team17 Digital is a leading developer, video games label, and creative partner for developers around the world. Part of Team17 Group plc, which floated on AIM in 2018, Team17 Digital has an extensive portfolio of over 120 titles, and fully encapsulates the spirit of independent games. Team17 Digital’s portfolio of multi-award-winning and award-nominated in-house brands include Hell Let Loose, Golf With Your Friends, The Escapists, and the iconic Worms franchise, alongside its games label partner titles, including the award-winning games Blasphemous, Greak: Memories of Azur, and Overcooked! franchise. Visit www.team17.com for more info.
|Download file – Gord – Press Kit (50.52 MB)
A press kit for the upcoming dark fantasy strategy game, Gord.Including:
Art and Logos
Information & FAQ
Leave a Reply